October 28, 2019

Caffè Macchiato [topic: review 23]

Hi there! It's time for another review @ amoreperilcaffe. This time I went to Cospicua (Bormla) for a coffee at Nuovo Cafe San Giorgio. With a splendid view in this wonderfully restored area, I ordered a caffè macchiato - not usually my choice yet I was ready for a risk. Reason for this is that rarely do I get a decent macchiato which is not served as a mini-cappuccino here in Malta.

That was my cup

One has to admit that visibly, the macchiato I got was not bad at all. It was by far one of the few visibly splendid macchiato.

It is such a pity this place does not serve a glass of water with coffee. Why? Click HERE for an answer.

When I tasted this coffee, I found a very bad surprise. It was piping hot. I couldn't stand the tip of my tongue with the burning sensation I got. I'm not sure if it was the coffee or the milk temperature that ruined it all. What a pity! A colleague of mine had a boiling hot cappuccino, so I'm assuming the problem is milk and the frothing process.

Dear management please note that either the temperature setting or the milk frothing was overdone. Coffee by defauly is literally ruined in all senses when temperature is exceeded. It makes no sense to serve a boiling soup of coffee and or milk in there, especially considering that a coffee place has a person that is able to pour milk in an espresso in a decent way.

I wouldn't say I won't give it a try again, but please fix this issue and take your coffee a step upwards.

Stay tuned! In the mean time, keep spreading the love for the BEAN!

No comments: