October 05, 2017

Caffè Macchiato [topic: review 9]

It's time for a new review post. This time I paid a visit to Bean & Loaf in Santa Venera. I ordered an espresso macchiato as the place was just opened just seconds before I went in.

I noticed that this place uses Kimbo as their coffee brand. I am not much impressed with this coffee brand, yet I find it acceptable for an early morning start.

my morning coffee at Bean & Loaf

I ordered an espresso macchiato. To be honest, I'm not much of a fan for macchiato due to the fact that sometimes it ends up as a mini-cappuccino, which is surely not the case if it is well made. At Bean & Loaf, the end result was not the perfect one you would expect, yet it was bearable. The taste and temperature were OK, yet I strongly suggest to clean the tazzina just like a chef cleans his plate after plating, a barista cleans the tazzina after brewing.

Still way to go for the water service with an espresso ... is it too much to expect from a coffee service? Come on ... your name stresses the importance of the BEAN and apart from the brand you use, the coffee service needs an upgrade please to reflect your brand!

Stay tuned! In the mean time, keep spreading the love for the BEAN!

No comments: