August 17, 2017

Caffè Lungo [topic: review 7]

It's time for another coffee review! This time I had my caffé at Da Luigi in Rabat, Malta.

After a nice dinner, a coffee lover would never go without his/her caffé. Be it lungo, ristretto or macchiato, caffé is always a pleasure. At Da Luigi they serve coffee using the brand 'Miscela D'oro. This brand is not very commonly found in local cafes and restaurants. Yet I dare to say that at Da Luigi they do represent this brand perfectly.

How am I to refuse myself this heavenly treat?

Though taking quite some time to prepare (could also be related to the good number of coffees we had on our table), the end product reaching me was very good. The cream was there as well as the temperature and the taste was great. It tends to be a nutty flavour though the Arabica presence makes it a whole lot smoother in taste.

Cup and saucer were clean as they should, though I would like to remark that coffee (like food) is to be served clean, i.e. clean the cup from any stains resulting from the brew itself. It was obvious that the stains were from my own coffee, yet it does make an impact when cleaned and served in a 'perfect' way.

Allow me to add that coffee is to be served with a glass of water (preferably sparkling) both when served on its own as well as after a dinner. In the near future I will posting about this NEED when serving coffee.

Above all, I would like to congratulate the staff at Da Luigi for their coffee and the way the represent their coffee brand at their family run restaurant.

Stay tuned! In the mean time, keep spreading the love for the BEAN!

No comments: