March 21, 2017

McCafè [topic: general]

Just because I am in love with coffee, I always give it a try at different places. Besides many different views about McDonald's, I would like to focus on McCafè - a different concept which is not considered as 'fast-drink' product. Let me try and explain myself a little further.

There is a claim that McCafè brews its coffee from Arabica beans, and as they do pour their beans I always try have a look at, though not sure of this claim. However I would like to base my views based on the comparison of taste. I truly believe that McCafè does not use only Arabica and this is quite obvious because of the taste. There is a good selection of beans (though mainly Arabica) which blends well with a choice of dessert, which is not the case if it were to be only Arabica, considered as the best digestive coffee. Thus despite refusing to accept the claim of 100% Arabica, I do prefer the selection they offer.

Just right ...

Having a look at the selection of coffees - from classic to contemporary ideas - McCafè offers a classic preparation of coffee with the classic idea of barista and true coffee brewing. That is why McCafè is a different concept that McDonald's idea of food. The preparation is therefore dressed with a human vest just like any bar, aloof from the food complex.

What is surely NOT classic as it should, McCafè does not include water serving with the classic caffè it serves. This is not in line with the whole concept it presents at face value in grinding, brewing and serving. Though I'm discussing a world-wide-giant, I do suggest the introduction of the water option as McDonald's does not present its coffee concept as part of their gourmet experience but as a separate complex, thus a full experience would be the best option to offer for the benefit of the client.

Stay tuned! In the mean time, keep spreading the love for the BEAN!

No comments: