November 14, 2017

What to serve with coffee [topic: general]

It is by far a general custom in many cafes to serve some small a complimentary biscuit or chocolate treat with coffees and teas. However, in reality not everything makes sense with any beverage at any time. Even though many amateur café managers or owners would not mind to care to a true coffee service (sometimes not even Italian owners do care), it is our duty to pamper ourselves to the high way of having the golden treat of life, caffé.

This is how coffee is commonly served

So if you want to be served coffee in the TRUE way ... how should it be done? Well, the answer to that depends on what time you're having coffee. I normally make three differences in coffee: coffee as breakfast; coffee during the day; coffee as a wonderful closure to your day. I will here shortly describe each way ...

COFFEE AS BREAKFAST!

Coffee at breakfast is for me the starting of an engine. If I cannot have my coffee well, I prefer not having it at all. The best way to have it at breakfast, a coffee is to be accompanied by a glass of water and cornetto (plain, chocolate or cream).

cut the crap ... no instant coffee can make this happen

COFFEE DURING THE DAY!

During the rest of the day, coffee can serve as an oasis, away from it all! There's nothing that can beat coffee for a 5-10 minute getaway. What I normally prefer is just coffee and water ... nothing else!

no strings attached, just THE coffee

COFFEE TO WIND DOWN!

Winding down is very important after a busy day. Some would say that coffee would prevent their sleep, yet it surely doesn't apply for me as I would sleep better after a good lungo. But what else would be my best deal for it? Besides the obvious glass of sparkling water, I add a small chocolate treat in order to wind down my senses in the best way possible!!

Wind down your senses to gear up your dreams!

Stay tuned! In the mean time, keep spreading the love for the BEAN!

No comments: